There’s nothing I love more than a good gin & tonic – but sometimes you want something a bit sweeter. Whether it’s chilling on a sun lounger yelling at your dad to start up the barbeque, or getting ready to dance the hot summer night away, you want a drink that’s easy on the eyes and the tastebuds. I was very excited to be sent some Pago Fruit Juices to try out!
Pago Juices have been stimulating the senses since 1888, providing intense fruity flavours produced from natural ingredients. in the best bars, cafe’s and restaurants across Europe and the UK.
They’re quite iconic, those little green bottles, and it’s a name I recognised from my travels, which is why I was really excited when Pago sent me a couple of their flavours to try. There’s 15 flavours to choose from, and I chose to try out a classic orange juice, summery peach juice and yummy multivitamin juice.
Now, of course, I tried the juices au naturel, and they are delicious – perfect to start off your morning, or when you’re relaxing in the beautiful sunshine we’ve been having. But seeing as British Summer seems to be well underway, a little cocktail session can’t hurt, right?
Check out what we’re drinking this summer!
Gin & Juice
Dead simple. You cant go wrong. Plus apparently, Katy Perry sang about it so it must be half decent, right?
- Gin – I’m using Beefeater for this one
- Pago Orange Juice
- Shove some ice in a glass.
- Add the gin
- Add your juice
- Shove some form of citrus garnish in if you want to make it look a bit snazzier.
Right. That’s that one out of the way. Can we move on to the fun ones now?
This one’s kind of like a Bellini, but with orange juice.
- Peach Schnapps
- Pago Orange Juice (but this would also be nice with the Peach Juice)
- Champagne or Prosecco (cheap and cheerful)
- Shake up a measure of peach schnapps, a measure of gin and an amount of Pago Orange Juice with loads of ice.
- Pour the mix into a champagne or flute glass and top it up with Prosecco
One of the flavours Pago sent me to try was the peach juice – I’ve drunk peach juice in Spain and it’s absolutely heavenly, but you don’t see it all that much over here. Shame – get more on it supermarkets!
I’m guessing this was named after where it was invented. It’s another simple one.
- Pago Peach Juice
- Peach Schnapps
- Add ice to a large wine glass
- Mix the fizz and peach juice in the glass, half and half.
- Add a splash of peach schnapps to taste
- Pago Multivitamin Juice
- The recipe I read online said to pour half a cup of gin….I’ll stick with a good double measure for now.
- Top up with the Pago Multivitamin Juice.
- Add a little fizz with some lemonade.
There’s so much you could mix up with Pago Fruit Juices – what cocktail would you create? Let me know in the comments!
Pago isn’t available in supermarkets just yet, although you can get it on Drinks Supermarket and Amazon but I’ll definitely be keeping an eye out for it in bars and restaurants. For more info visit the Pago Website or follow them on their social media.
Have you tried Pago Fruit Juices before? What’s your favourite flavour?